Welcome to django-pgfields¶
This is django-pgfields, a pluggable Django application that adds support for several specialized PostgreSQL fields within the Django ORM.
django-pgfields will work with Django applications using the PostgreSQL backend, and adds support for:
- Composte Types
Dependencies & Limitations¶
django-pgfields depends on:
- Python 2.7+ or 3.3+ (Python 2.6 probably works, but is not explicitly tested against.)
- Django 1.5+
- Psycopg2 2.5+
- six 1.4.1+
In order to use django-pgfields in a project:
- pip install django-pgfields
- Add django_pg to your settings.INSTALLED_APPS.
- Essentially: Import our models module instead of the stock Django module. So, replace from django.db import models with from django_pg import models.
- The new field classes provided by django_pg are now available on the models module. Use, for instance, models.UUIDField and models.ArrayField just as you would use models.CharField.
If you think you’ve found a bug in django-pgfields itself, please post an issue on the Issue Tracker.
For usage help, you’re free to e-mail the author, who will provide help (on a best effort basis) if possible.
- Using django-pgfields
- Simple Fields
- Composite Fields